Monday, August 15, 2011

The Power of Being.

I was sitting in the garden today reading Eckhart Tolle's "Power of Now" book, when an overwhelming feeling of understanding and stillness washed over me. I suddenly learnt how important it is to live in the present moment at all times. There is no such thing as past or future, all we have is now.
When a person is still within themselves, present, and aware... you suddenly catch a glimpse of your deepest self, your higher self - who you really are. There is no ego, there is no stream of insistent thoughts, there is no negativity... all there is is simply contentment and peace.

I'm learning to disidentify from my mind. When I do that, my mind is no longer in control. There is space of consciousness. Therefore I am at peace, quiet and still. I am. The mind was meant as a tool. It was not meant to control us.

So every now and then whilst I was reading, I would stop for a while, and experience moments of contentment and peace. It was in one of these moments that suddenly out of "nowhere" (also known as the unconscious self) bursts of creativity shot out - I created two quotes, based on what I had learnt and felt.

"Observe your thoughts and your emotions. You will learn a great deal about your conscious self".

"As I sit peacefully with myself, suddenly I am able to see the world as beautifully as intended."

It's lovely having had such an experience. And now that I know how to achieve that genuine feeling of peace, love, contentment and joy (by living in the present moment, and practicing awareness by watching my thoughts and emotions)... I can live it again and again.

Note: Do not confuse joy with the 'fake' joy that is derived from something external, something outside you. It is the joy that arises from within. The joy that arises from beyond the mind. Now that is something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment